Updated: 6 July 2019
We may modify this Policy at any time at our sole discretion, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Policy. Your continued access to or use of the Site and/or Service shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or about Garuda Robotics, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
1. Personal Information
“Personal Information”, as used in this Policy, is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Service, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to Personal Information that identifies that individual.
Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of Product, Service, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes.
2. Collection of Information
We collect information, which may include Personal Information, in a variety of ways when you use our Service. These include the following:
Data Gathered by Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Our Service collects data gathered by our web application and unmanned aerial vehicles including telemetry data, map data, location data, and data regarding the systems of the vehicles.
Data Gathered by Web and Mobile Applications. Our Service collects geolocation information when you use our web and mobile applications. This information may include physical location, such as street address, latitude and longitude, and Internet Protocol address, and the time of recording the location or the duration at that location.
User Accounts and Profiles. Our Service may give you the ability to register for a user account or to create and update a user profile on the applicable Site and/or Service. If we offer user account or profile functionality on the Service, we will collect Personal Information that you provide to us in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include, for example, your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, demographics and other information you provide us on our Service.
User-Generated Information. Information generated when you use our Service to acquire, process, and store data, including text, photos, videos, and sounds, will be treated as Personal Information under this Policy.
E-mail Newsletters. We may offer e-mail newsletters from time to time on our Service. If you sign up to receive a newsletter from us, we collect your e-mail address.
Passive Information Collection. When you visit our Site or use our Service, some information is automatically collected. We use passively-collected information to administer, operate, and improve our Service and systems, and to provide other content that is tailored to you. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We may also collect your location information provided by your browser (most browsers are set by default to ask your permission first).
We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Service using technology such as cookies and Web beacons:
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our e-mails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an e-mail has been opened and acted upon.
Other Third-Party Services, including Google, DJI, and AirMap, may also automatically collect information about you through our Service, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites and applications when you use our Site and/or Service. For example, some Third-Party Services may collect information on behalf of Garuda Robotics and others for analytics purposes.
We do not have access to, or control over, the actions of Third-Party Services. Each provider of Third-Party Services uses information that it collects in accordance with its own privacy and security policies.
Information from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you, including Personal Information, from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Service. If we do this, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
3. Use of Information We Collect
We may use Personal Information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you or in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and services;
- to maintain a record of our dealings with you;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Garuda Robotics and our selected partners;
- link or combine information about you with other Personal Information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalised service; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
- for any other administrative purposes;
- and for any other purposes that we may disclose to you at the point at which we request your Personal Information, and pursuant to your consent.
Garuda Robotics may store and process Personal Information in Singapore and other countries.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for Garuda Robotics and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties.
5. Security of Personal Information
Garuda Robotics takes reasonable steps to help protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no company, including Garuda Robotics, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. You transmit information to us at your own risk. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access our Service that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
This Policy operates in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). You may opt out of receiving promotional e-mails from Garuda Robotics by following the instructions in those e-mails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional e-mails, such as e-mails about your accounts or our on-going business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.